Automatically generate symlinks for virtual categories.

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:54:57 UTC 2009

I made this shell script (portable sh) that will create a bunch of
directories for all virtual ports (linux, perl, etc.). It puts a symlink
for every port in your tree into the correct categories.
For example it will create  a kde directory with the akode-audio port
pointing to /usr/ports/audio/akode.

http://isis.poly.edu/~eitan/files/auto-symlink-virtual.sh

At the moment it relies on make to determine what categories each port
is in. This is somewhat slow but the only error-proof way I know how. If
anyone could improve the script please let me know. It is released under
the BSD-2-clause license.

--
Eitan Adler