[QAT@FreeBSD.org: [Custom PREFIX] comms/xcept - fails: mtree]

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Tue Jun 2 19:30:30 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded message from QAT at FreeBSD.org -----

The Restless Daemon identified a mtree error while trying to build:
 xcept-2.1.2_5 maintained by joerg at FreeBSD.org
 Makefile ident: $FreeBSD: ports/comms/xcept/Makefile,v 1.21 2008/04/19 17:47:08 miwi Exp $

THIS A BUILD WITH _CUSTOM_ PREFIX AND LOCALBASE, _standard_ env in rest.
Patches for testing and commiting welcomed as a reply to this email.

[...]

----- End forwarded message -----

This raises the question: is there still /anyone/ around who uses the
CEPT home banking protocol?

This entire port started out basically as a German protocol, by a time
when CEPT/btx ("Bildschirmtext") used to be about the only possible
way to access many homebanking facilities.  The Deutsche Telekom has
stopped offering this service many years ago, but when I asked about
possibly removing the port last time, I've been told to hold on since
there has still been other European countries offering that service.
If I recall correctly, it's at least been in use in France back then.

So the question now again, several years later: are there still *any*
users of comms/xcept around?  If nobody speaks up, I'd like to remove
the port because it doesn't make any much sense anymore to keep it
alive.