dns/bind96 doesn't register idnkit dependency

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Jul 30 14:50:20 UTC 2009

Because of the recent security problem with BIND I
decided to replace the base system's version with the
dns/bind96 port.  It compiled, installed and started
without any problems (this is on a 7-stable system).

However, pkg_infor -r doesn't list any dependencies.
I compiled bind96 with the IDN option, so it also
compiled and installed dns/idnkit.  ldd confirms that
dig, host and nslookup are indeed linked against the
libidnkit library.

For now I have manually added the dependecy data to
the $PKG_DBDIR files, so idnkit isn't accidentally
removed because it's a "leaf" port ...

Is this is a know problem or did I do something wrong?

Best regards
   Oliver

"Whatever happened to the days when hacking started
at the cerebral cortex, and not at the keyboard?"
  --  Sid on userfriendly.org by Illiad, 2007-06-20