after update - not all jpeg files are displayable

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Jul 28 17:43:26 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:05:14 +0300
> From: Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> on 28/07/2009 19:56 Joe Marcus Clarke said the following:
> >
> > No.  It's an issue with an incomplete PORTREVISION bump on ports which
> > depend on libjpeg.  Really, you need to do a portupgrade -rf jpeg to fix
> > this.  What you must avoid is one port being linked to both jpeg.9 and
> > .10.  When that happens, applications crash trying to open JPEGs.
>
> This is not an issue for me as far I can see.
> libchk reported that no binaries/libraries were linked to libjpeg.so.9 in
> lib/compat/pkg - I have even removed it now from .
> Everything is linked to libjpeg.so.10, no unresolved libraries.
>
> Any further suggestions?
> Maybe you could try to reproduce the issue for yourself?

I have had things slip through libchk in the past.

I did a 'portupgrade -rf jpeg' and rebuilt about 295 ports on all three
of my systems running Gnome. That seems to have gotten everything happy
again. (Of course, rebuilding 290+ ports does take a bit of time.)

Gee.This might be a good time to try 8.0-Beta! You will need to re-build
all ports then, anyway. ;-)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)