Using WITH_OPENSSL_PORT

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 26 07:13:50 UTC 2009

> As the PR advises, switching back to base openssl fixes my problem.

Well, apparently only part of it.  Unfortunately the openssl framework
in ports doesn't accommodate mixing and matching of base and port
openssl, so while this may allow you to use pam_ldap, it's at the
expense of other ports.  You should probably follow-up on the PR, and
explain to the committer who closed it why a real solution to the
problem would be desirable.  Also, ask the krb5 maintainer if it would
be possible to relax the openssl requirements on his port.  Sometimes
these restrictions are relics of times when an earlier version of
openssl in base was causing problems, and they may no longer be
relevant.

> Since I am already using pam_ldap on this system in production, I
> don't see any easy way to get security/krb5 installed and working via
> ports on the same system since openssl requirements for these things
> conflict.  I think my easiest solution is to use a different system
> for security/krb5.

At least in the short term, if you don't have the time to patch these
ports yourself, you may be right.  Another thing you may want to
consider: will the kerberos implementation already in the base system,
or another kerberos port, meet your needs, so that you can dispense
with the krb5 port?

b.