FreeBSD Port: mplayer-0.99.11_14

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Jul 23 15:06:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:52:30AM -0400, Michael D. Stackhouse wrote:
> Downloaded most current source snapshot, ran the configure command which completed successfully.  When I tried make command - get this error:
>
> "config.mak", line 4: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 820: warning: duplicate script for target "%.d" ignored
> "Makefile", line 823: warning: duplicate script for target "%.d" ignored
> Error expanding embedded variable.
>
> Any ideas?

Did you run exactly the "make" command?  The mplayer port uses
the GNU version of the make utility, which is installed as "gmake" on
FreeBSD systems.  Try running "gmake" instead.

Note that this might still fail, since the mplayer port has quite
a lot of patches to the mplayer source, some of which may fix build
failures that you may run into when building the pristine SVN source.
Other patches may influence the mplayer behavior later on :)
Those patches are in the files/ subdirectory of the mplayer port;
you might want to try to apply them to the source after checking it
out of their Subversion repository (or after extracting the snapshot).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
What would this sentence be like if pi were 3?