FreeBSD Port: mplayer-0.99.11_14

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:40:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 22:33, Michael D.
Stackhouse<mstackhouse at samsa.com> wrote:
> I think we'll investigate VLC as an alternative.  Not too comfortable
> building around a solution that's not being maintained as it should be.

mplayer is definitely continuously developed, it's not an abandoned
project! They just do not follow a release scheme at the moment.
If the svn version does the job you want it to do, it's definitely worth a try.
I personally like mplayer as it is still lighter than VLC.

Riggs