[HEADSUP]: Ports freeze schedule for 8.0-RELEASE

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 17 09:05:32 UTC 2009

Below is the tentative schedule for the ports freeze in preparation for
8.0-RELEASE.  If any major delays occur in the overall release schedule,
the dates may be postponed, but please start preparing to have your
changed committed to the tree before August 17 to ensure they are
included in the release.  Also, portmgr kindly asks anyone who has
anything major lined up to already from today start mailing portmgr
about these so we know what to expect and not be surprised by any major
fallout that might extend the short freeze we have planned.

August 17: ports tree is frozen and package build begin
August 24: ports tree is thawed and final package builds begin
August 31: FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE is released and ports tree is unfrozen

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult