can you PLEASE _read_ the QAT mails? (was: Re: Question about a failure report)

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 5 21:51:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:49:49 -0500
Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> > For short, your port's configure script fails to search for mysql
> > headers in the right place; QATty has LOCALBASE and PREFIX set
> > to /usr/PPP. If you can't sorted out in a few days drop me an email
> > and I'll take a look.
>
> No offense taken.  The thing that confused me is that I always build
> my ports in /tmp/portname when testing, but barnyard still managed to
> find mysql headers when building.

Yes, that's PREFIX (ie. you install in /tmp/portname) but LOCALBASE I
bet it's /usr/local.

> So I didn't understand why it was failing in QAT.  I followed all the
> links in the email and read the materials, but I still didn't
> understand why the build failed in QAT.

It failed on QATty, not on QAT.

QAT has -DNOPORT* while
QATty has PREFIX and LOCALBASE = /usr/PPP

> I didn't want to make a change to the port unless the problem really
> was with the port. That's why I asked the question.

It is :) Sahil's patch looks good, I'm going to test it tomorrow.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B