Mysq server 5.4 port

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Fri Jul 3 19:09:34 UTC 2009

Ian Lord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to bother you again, I would like to know if you plan on releasing it before the 10th of july or if it won't be possible. I would like to plan ahead and the availability of the port is a must know :)

I'm not the maintainer :). You could help the process along if you've
already compiled it by hand.

1) Create a patch against ports/databases/mysql51-*, and
ports/Mk/bsd.database.mk

2) Send a pr in and request a repo copy.

3) Pay careful attention to the handling of my.cnf search paths
   its been a repeating issue and different in each version.