Temporary patch to fix USB in kdebase4

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 2 15:58:36 UTC 2009

[trimmed CC list]

Lawrence Stewart wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>> Any chance you (or someone with the right clue) could update this patch
>>> to work with more recent 8-CURRENT? I get the following output when
>>> trying to compile kdebase4 (which applies your original patch as
>>> extra-patch-libusb20) on r195046 world/kernel:
>>>

>>> Scanning dependencies of target kcm_usb
>>>
>>> [ 67%] Building CXX object
>>> apps/kinfocenter/usbview/CMakeFiles/kcm_usb.dir/kcm_usb_automoc.o
>>> [ 67%] Building CXX object
>>> apps/kinfocenter/usbview/CMakeFiles/kcm_usb.dir/kcmusb.o
>>> In file included from
>>> /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4/work/kdebase-4.2.4/apps/kinfocenter/usbview/usbdevi
>>>
>>> ces.h:20,
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like you have two set of header files. Second, change the USB
>> "dev/"  header files to:
>>
>> #  include <dev/usb/usb.h>
>> #  include <dev/usb/usbdi.h>
>>
>> Else there are no further changes.
>
> ah ha, had forgotten to run "make delete-old" after last update. Thanks
> for the hint and thanks for the include fix. Trying it out now.

FYI, Hans your suggestion didn't work. Jeremy's on the other hand did.
By only including <dev/usb/usb_ioctl.h> the compile finishes without issue.

I'm in the process of updating to today's current though and a lot of
USB related changes were in the changeset so it's entirely possible
running new kernel/world will make your comments valid.

Cheers,
Lawrence