how remove old lib in "portupgrade -fr libxcb"

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:55:54 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Sebastien Chassot <sinux at fsfe.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've portupgrade my system and as said in UPDATING  I launched the
> portupgrade -rf libxcb.
>
> I did it twice and my applications still are linked to libxcb.so.1 and
> libxcb.so.2
>
> I found out that libxcb.so.1 is in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/ and
> libxcb.so.2 is in /usr/local/lib/
>
> I don't know how remove this old lib and despite lot of portupgrade -f
> xxx it's still there.
>
> How can I solve this issue?

Sounds like several of the libraries that your applications require
are still linked to the old libxcb.so.1.

Use this to find all libraries that are still depending on libxcb.so.1

(for i in /usr/local/lib/lib*.so ; do echo -n "$i:" ; ldd $i | grep
"libxcb.so.1" ; echo ; done) | grep libxcb > libxcb.log

Then rebuild all ports that contain these libraries.

Scot