Upgrading

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jan 30 02:27:18 PST 2009

Hello all

I am in the process of updating my system.

I have several entry’s in UPDATING

20090123:

  AFFECTS: users of x11/libxcb

  AUTHOR: flz at FreeBSD.org

  Libxcb shared library version was bumped from 1 to 2.  You need to

  rebuild any consumer of libxcb.so.1 or some applications will be

  linked against two versions of libxcb once libX11 is upgraded.

  For portupgrade users:

    # portupgrade -rf libxcb

20090107:

  AFFECTS: users of security/libgcrypt

  AUTHOR: rafan at FreeBSD.org

  libgcrypt has been upgraded to 1.4.3 which has a shared library

  version bump. You need to reinstall all ports depending on it.

  Use something like this:

  portupgrade -rf libgcrypt

  portmaster -r libgcrypt

Some ports are being updated twice if I first run portupgrade -rf libgcrypt and then portupgrade -rf libxcb, and because it is a rather slow machine I like to avoid that.

Or can I savely use run portupgrade -rf libgcrypt libxcb

Regards,

Johan Hendriks