Unhappy Xorg upgrade

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 22:15:35 PST 2009

,--- You/Kent (Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:38:47 -0800) ----*
| I had 3 system with this problem and they started to work after I added
| (Options "AutoAddDevices" "off") to the ServerLayout section.

I did have the `Options "AutoAddDevices" "false"' piece, and the two
other required "disregard HAL" options in the ServerFlags section (I
guess you meant "Flags", not "Layout", too).  While this enabled the
mouse (without HAL), it did nothing good about:

   a. The bogus keyboard scans.

   b. The garbage in the windows.

You can't imagine how much better the old X11 looks, after that
excursion into the new one :-)

Thanks,

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --