libX11 dependencies

Andrew Hotlab andrew.hotlab at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:47:13 PST 2009

I'm so sorry to annoy you with a question that might be stupid, but I'm not yet
very experienced in managing software on the FreeBSD platform.

During my weekly ports maintainance (I'm using the ports-mgmt/portmaster)
I've noticed that the www/drupal port seems to require the lang/python25 now,
and this dependency is due to the latest x11/libX11 version, which wants
x11/xcb-proto and x11/libxcb ports, which bring me lang/python25.
Since I read that the "XCB option" should have been removed from r1.8 of the
pkg-plist file (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11/libX11/pkg-plist),
I'm wondering if such dependency is still really needed.

Thanks you very much for your invaluable commitment in maintaing this
great operating system!

Andrew