libtasn1 shlib bump fallout

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Fri Jan 23 06:42:52 PST 2009

I know that some people do not agree with the PORTREVISION bumping at
all. Anyhow, after the libtasn1 shlib bump there were some ports bumped,
but many got missed that have files linking against libtasn1.so.3
according to 'libchk -v'.

I found these:
cups-pstoraster-8.15.4_2
ekiga-2.0.11_5
ghostscript8-8.63
gnome-control-center-2.24.0.1
gnome-panel-2.24.3
gtk-2.14.7
gvfs-1.0.3
kdelibs-3.5.10
libpurple-2.5.4
pidgin-2.5.4
wireshark-1.0.5

I build these ports with standard options, but not in a tinderbox. Thus,
I am not really sure if default packages from a tinderbox are affected.

At least some of the ports mentioned above do not have a dependency
listed, but depend indirectly on libtasn1 installed.

Anyhow, bumping recursively seems to be a little too much, since most
indirect dependencies do not link directly -- on my system, according to
'libchk -v' there are many big packages (kde, openoffice.org,
thunderbird, firefox, ...) unaffected. Thus, there should probably be
only a note about it in UPDATING.

I am still not sure, if relying on the 'libchk -v' output is any good
for removing stuff from lib/compat/pkg, but I do not know a better way
to ensure packages build not depending on old libs.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik