Unable to build ntp-devel

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Thu Jan 22 11:29:01 PST 2009

In message <596560.69347.qm at web32102.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, GESBBB writes:
> I recently updated Perl to 5.8.9 and ran the update script. There were no a=
> pparent problems. I have now tried to update the net/ntp-devel port to vers=
> ion 4.2.5p156 without success. Apparently, ntp-devel is looking the incorre=
> ct version of perl. The build ends with this error message:
>
>cc: /usr/l=
> ocal/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a: No such file or dir=
> ectory
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/net/ntp-devel/work/ntp-dev-4=
> .2.5p156/ntpsnmpd.
*** Error code 1

>Apparently, that file does not e=
> xist. I tried check in the /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach/auto/DynaLoader/=
>  directory, and the file is not there either.
>
> 1) Why is the build proc=
> ess looking in the wrong directory to start with? I updated Perl correctly,=
>  so it should be looking in the "5.8.9" directory.
>
> 2) How do I correct=
>  this problem.
>
>	I can supply a copy of the build process upon reques=
> t. It is also available here:

>	 http://seibercom.n=
> et/logs/ntp.txt

ntp-devel only uses the Perl libraries to build ntpsnmpd to interface with
net-mgmt/net-snmpd. Your net-snmpd port was built with Perl 5.8.8 -- run
net-snmpd-config --base-cflags to confirm. To resolve this uninstall,
rebuild, and reinstall net-snmpd after upgrading Perl, prior to upgrading
ntp-devel.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>