FreeBSD Port: xfe-1.19.2_1

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 04:33:43 PST 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:47:37 -0800
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>Leslie Jensen wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> When I try to start xfe it produces the error message below.
>>
>> les at blj01~:xfe
>>
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libtasn1.so.3" not found,
>> required by "libcups.so.2"
>>
>> I've tried to fix it by doing
>>
>> portmaster -r xfe-1.19.2_1 and
>
>The -r for xfe isn't going to do anything since xfe is a leaf port (it
>is not depended on).
>
>> portmaster -r libtasn1-1.8
>
>Did this actually rebuild cups-base at any point? I suspect not since
>the dependency seems to be indirect (i.e., I can't find a connection
>between the two in any of the ports infrastructure dependencies).
>
>Try just 'portmaster cups-base' and see if that works. You should not
>have to rebuild xfe since it will still be linking to libcups.so.2.
>
>You might want to look at the -w option for portmaster as well. While
>it would "fix" this particular problem, it also delays the inevitable
>and can lead to its own set of "unpredictable results."

You might also want to consider 'portmanager' to fix this. After
updating your ports, running: portmanager -u -p -l -y should correct
the problem. I have had great success in the past with portmanager
where other ports tools have failed.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy
sets.

	L. Zadeh