FreeBSD Port: gcompris-8.4.8

tigner tigner at msu.edu
Wed Jan 21 10:07:29 PST 2009

Dear gnome at freebsd support ,

I apologize for bothering you with this but I am a little confused.

I have 5 and 6 year old girls who love gcompris, but I can not
get it to install and run on one of my systems at home.

I have 2 systems with FreeBSD 7.1 i386 installs , with kde .

One successfully installs and runs gcompris and one doesn't.

I have tried packages, and compiling from ports, with the same
effect. The error message I get when I start gcompis, is that
it is unable to find boards/skins/gartoon/boardicons/computer.svg.
The file does exist, and the information when I start if from a cli
indicates the paths are correct, so it must be some other problem.

   Config dir '/home/barry/.config/gcompris'
   Users dir '/home/barry/My GCompris'
   Database '/home/barry/.config/gcompris/gcompris_sqlite.db'

I went to www.freebsd.org and checked the port dependencies
for gcompris. There were 185 listed, but when I check with
the command pkg_info -r gcompris-8.4.8, I only see 163
dependencies.

I compared the 2 different lists of dependencies and found
that they are quite different.There are dependencies that
are unique in both lists.

Any light you can shed on this problem would be very much
appreciated. Right now the only thing I can assume that I
can do the the "broken" system , is to wipe and reinstall
from scratch. IMO, this is the Microsoft way to fix things, so
I am loathe to do it, nor am I confident that it will fix the problem.

this is the list of dependencies for the following link,

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=gcompris&stype=all

ORBit2-2.14.16
aalib-1.4.r5_4
atk-1.24.0
avahi-app-0.6.24
bash-3.2.48_1
bitstream-vera-1.10_4
cairo-1.8.6,1
cdparanoia-3.9.8_8
compositeproto-0.4
consolekit-0.3.0_3
damageproto-1.1.0_2
dbus-1.2.4.4
dbus-glib-0.78
dmidecode-2.10
docbook-sk-4.1.2_4
docbook-xml-4.2_1
docbook-xml-4.3
docbook-xml-4.4
docbook-xsl-1.74.0
encodings-1.0.2,1
esound-0.2.41
expat-2.0.1
fixesproto-4.0
font-arabic-misc-1.0.0
font-bh-ttf-1.0.0
font-cursor-misc-1.0.0
font-daewoo-misc-1.0.0
font-dec-misc-1.0.0
font-isas-misc-1.0.0
font-jis-misc-1.0.0
font-micro-misc-1.0.0
font-misc-ethiopic-1.0.0
font-misc-meltho-1.0.0_1
font-misc-misc-1.0.0
font-mutt-misc-1.0.0
font-schumacher-misc-1.0.0_1
font-sony-misc-1.0.0
font-sun-misc-1.0.0
font-util-1.0.1
fontconfig-2.6.0,1
fontsproto-2.0.2
freetype2-2.3.7
fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_5
fusefs-libs-2.7.3
gamin-0.1.10
gconf2-2.24.0
gdbm-1.8.3_3
getopt-1.1.4_1
gettext-0.17_1
gio-fam-backend-2.18.4
glib-2.18.4
gmake-3.81_3
gnet2-2.0.8_1
gnome-doc-utils-0.14.2
gnome-icon-theme-2.24.0_2
gnome-keyring-2.24.1_2
gnome-mime-data-2.18.0_3
gnome-mount-0.8_2
gnome-vfs-2.24.0
gnome_subr-1.0
gnomehier-2.3_11
gnuchess-5.07
gnutls-2.6.3_1
gstreamer-0.10.21
gstreamer-plugins-0.10.21,3
gtk-2.14.7
gvfs-1.0.3
hal-0.5.11_11
hicolor-icon-theme-0.10_2
inputproto-1.4.2.1
intltool-0.40.5
jasper-1.900.1_6
jpeg-6b_7
kbproto-1.0.3
libGL-7.0.3
libGLU-7.0.3
libICE-1.0.4_1,1
libIDL-0.8.12
libSM-1.0.3_1,1
libX11-1.1.3_1,1
libXau-1.0.3_2
libXaw-1.0.4_1,1
libXcomposite-0.4.0,1
libXcursor-1.1.9_1
libXdamage-1.1.1
libXdmcp-1.0.2_1
libXext-1.0.3,1
libXfixes-4.0.3_1
libXfont-1.3.1_3,1
libXft-2.1.13
libXi-1.1.3,1
libXinerama-1.0.2,1
libXmu-1.0.3,1
libXp-1.0.0,1
libXpm-3.5.7
libXrandr-1.2.2_1
libXrender-0.9.4_1
libXt-1.0.5_1
libXv-1.0.3_1,1
libXxf86misc-1.0.1
libXxf86vm-1.0.1
libao-0.8.8_1
libart_lgpl-2.3.20,1
libassetml-1.2.1_9
libaudiofile-0.2.6
libbonobo-2.24.0
libbonoboui-2.24.0
libcddb-1.3.0
libcdio-0.78.2_2
libdaemon-0.12
libdrm-2.3.1
libexif-0.6.17
libfontenc-1.0.4
libgcrypt-1.4.3
libglade2-2.6.3
libgnome-2.24.1
libgnomecanvas-2.20.1.1_2
libgnomeui-2.24.0
libgpg-error-1.7
libgphoto2-2.4.3
libiconv-1.11_1
libltdl-1.5.26
libmikmod-3.1.11_2
libnotify-0.4.5
libogg-1.1.3,4
liboil-0.3.15
libpthread-stubs-0.1
libsoup-2.24.3
libtasn1-1.8
libusb-0.1.12_4
libvolume_id-0.81.0
libvorbis-1.2.0_2,3
libxcb-1.1.90.1
libxkbfile-1.0.4
libxkbui-1.0.2_1
libxml2-2.7.2_1
libxslt-1.1.24_2
mkfontdir-1.0.3_1
mkfontscale-1.0.3
p5-XML-Parser-2.36
pango-1.22.4
pciids-20081012
pcre-7.8
perl-5.8.9
pixman-0.12.0
pkg-config-0.23_1
png-1.2.34
policykit-0.9_2
policykit-gnome-0.9.2
popt-1.7_5
printproto-1.0.3
py25-cairo-1.8.0_2
py25-gnome-2.22.3
py25-gobject-2.16.0
py25-gtk-2.13.0_1
py25-libxml2-2.7.2
py25-numeric-24.2_3
py25-orbit-2.24.0
py25-pysqlite-2.0.7_1
python25-2.5.2_3
randrproto-1.2.1
rarian-0.8.1
renderproto-0.9.3
samba-libsmbclient-3.0.34_1
sdl-1.2.13_2,2
sdl_mixer-1.2.8_1
sdocbook-xml-1.1,1
shared-mime-info-0.51
smpeg-0.4.4_8
sqlite3-3.6.4
startup-notification-0.9_2
texi2html-1.76_1,1
tiff-3.8.2_2
videoproto-2.2.2
xcb-proto-1.2
xcb-util-0.3.0
xextproto-7.0.2
xf86miscproto-0.9.2
xf86vidmodeproto-2.2.2
xineramaproto-1.1.2
xmlcatmgr-2.2
xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps-7.3
xorg-fonts-truetype-7.3
xorg-vfbserver-1.4_1,1
xproto-7.0.10_1

And this is the output from pkg_info -r gcompris-8.4.8

ORBit2-2.14.16
aalib-1.4.r5_4
aspell-0.60.6_2
atk-1.24.0