FreeBSD Port: squidGuard-1.4

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Wed Jan 21 04:19:17 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:09:25PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Guido Falsi wrote:
>  > Since ports are expected not to leave files behind when deinstalled,
> > port logic checks on first install if ${DATADIR} exists. If it does it
> > will NOT be created/populated and NOT included in the plist, and not
> > removed on deinstall.
> >
> > On the contrary if it does not find such directory it will create,
> > populate it remove it on deinstall.
>
> The way that this is traditionally handled is for the port to install
> both file and file.sample, but only list file.sample in the plist.
> Then at deinstall time there should be a script to compare file to
> file.sample and remove file if it is the same. Repeat for values of
> $file as needed.
>
> It is not expected or desirable for a port to remove user-modified
> files (including those files created by a daemon).

I agree. I was thinking if it could be acceptable to add an option to
the port for installing/not installing the sample blacklists and not
adding those to the plist anyway. This could be easier to handle.
Perhaps also more logical.

With this change a note on deinstall to check and remove by hand the
folder should also be added, obviously.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>