[www/sams] why did commiter bump PORTREVISION ? Now it's broken.

Yuriy Grishin usgrishin at samaradom.ru
Fri Jan 16 12:01:33 PST 2009

Hello
I'm the maintainer of the port www/sams.

In early of December 2008 the developer released new version of SAMS --
1.0.4
I tried to take most of users comments and sent pr

Few days afterwards miwi wrote that he couldn't extract my diff (may be
because I had sent it using windows+seamonkey?)
I upload files to my homepage and submitted follow-up.
A few days later I saw that the port has been updated, BUT:
1) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=129816 the pr is open (is
it normal?)
2) commiter bumped PORTREVISION and it leads to port corruption because

DISTNAME=       ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
thus it searches sams-1.0.3 instead of sams-1.0.4 ==> hash check will fail

Questions :

1.Should have I say in the pr that it was not only has been updated by
me but also by the developer?
2.What should I do now?