testing rnoland's xorg upgrade patch -- error

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 19:35:01 PST 2009

> Would need more specifics to even guess what could have been wrong...
> Most particularly what hardware, gfx chip, i386/amd64 and which drivers
> were involved, steps to reproduce the issue if any.  Basically, the more
> info the better.
What commands should I run?  I am not familiar with the "what is on my
system" commands.
I have a MSI motherboard with an Nvidia graphics card. The nvidia driver
is installed. I did not test with "nv".

FreeBSD FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #0: i386

Steps to reproduce: run your second to last patch; upgrade all; run startx.

I uninstalled xorg-server xf86-input-mouse and keyboard and installed
the old versions.  Almost everything everything else is the new version
and it works now.
I think xorg-server was the problem.

>> Also make sure to include xorg-minimal in the patch.  I don't see it.
>
> Not sure who signed up to maintain that... It wasn't me... ;)
I did. Except that I don't have a commit bit and you have a patch to
upgrade to the newer Xorg which touches most of the Xorg files.  I am
politely asking that you add the version number bump to xorg-minimal.

--
Eitan Adler
"Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."