update to /usr/ports/print/latex-msc please

Murray T mjt at mjt.homeunix.net
Fri Feb 27 07:32:43 PST 2009

Hi,

In order to get this to run properly I changed the Make file as follows

# $FreeBSD: ports/print/latex-msc/Makefile,v 1.4 2007/05/19 20:21:13 flz Exp $

PORTNAME=       latex-msc
PORTVERSION=    1.15
# PORTVERSION=  1.14
# PORTREVISION= 2

then manually applied the patch given here  3-4 code lines plus a header line

http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/a3eff4f4ee788d93/1c839c5098ecd3d1?lnk=gst&q=msc.sty#

Can these changes be made to the port as without them the LaTeX msc package
crashes out every time with a message

"Error: ! Missing number, treated as zero."

 OR

change the Makefile to correctly get the current version 1.16 in the CTAN
msc.zip file

Either solution delivers an appropriate result -  the LaTeX package (modified
or latest) works correctly.

If I knew enough about the port tree Makefiles I would submit the patch for
that my self, but that is still out-of-my-league. My Makefiles are way
simpler than the port tree efforts...

cheers
Murray T

--
 |_|0|_|        "Absence of evidence
 |_|_|0|        is not evidence of absence"