lighttpd-1.4.21 upgrade problem

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Feb 24 01:30:49 PST 2009

Paul Macdonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing some odd issues after the port update of lighttpd to 1.4.21
>
> Specifically flv files don;t autoplay till the whole file is downloaded
> and then once started die after a few seconds..
>
> I'm seeing this on several servers and the same thing with a src build.
>
> A manual build of 1.4.20 doesn't exhibit the same behaviour.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I have similar problem with Lighttpd 1.4.21 used to play mp3 files in
embedded flash player. mp3 load only first 2 - 3 seconds and play it in
loop. Even if I try to download the mp3, files are broken the same way.
File has good size, but contains just first 2 - 3 seconds and then loop.
Downgrade back to 1.4.20 fixes problem immediately without any
configuration changes. So I think 1.4.21 has broken buffer or something
like that.

FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE amd64

Miroslav Lachman