Problem with .so numbering on FreeBSD in contrast to Linux
scdbackup at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 00:00:54 PST 2009
Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> The ltverhack is a hack in ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk.
> ltverhack_PRE_PATCH= for file in gnome-ltmain.sh gnome-libtool; do \
> ... [some impressive shell code] ...
Looks like they patch their private libtool
My problem appears to be a simple bug in the
autotools package of SuSE Linux 10.2.
So i decided to adjust the "freebsd-elf" case of
on my machine to the prescriptions in
That template file gets copied into my project
directories by command libtoolize in ./bootstrap.
So the problem will be gone automatically with
the next releases.
... until i get a new computer and install new
autotools. The problematic code is still in
as it seems. I did not install. But i see in
the undesirable code snippet:
Maybe the FreeBSD community should discuss this
with the GNU libtool project. I myself feel not
apt for that.
Have a nice day :)
More information about the freebsd-ports