xorg 7.4 blacks out on exit and lost 2nd video card

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Sat Feb 21 17:19:49 PST 2009

Hi,

	I am having trouble after xorg was updated to 7.4.
Everything worked fine up until the xorg update.

	All my ports are up to date. I am running FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE
from Feb 21. I have a dualhead (3 heads) setup with 2 nvidia GeForce
8600 using the nv driver.

	1) The screen goes black when I exit X;
		- When I exit X, the screen goes black and it only
		  recovers after a reboot.
		- The machine is working otherwise as I can access
		  it with ssh.

	2) xorg no longer detects my 2nd video board;
		- I have 2 nvidia GeForce 8600: 2 CRT monitors
		  connected to the 1st, 1 LCD TV connected to the 2nd.

	Below follow some files that might provide some information.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

	Regards,

- /var/log/Xorg.0.log
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/Xorg.0.log

- /var/run/dmesg.boot
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/dmesg.boot

$ pciconf -lv
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/pciconf.txt

$ startx -listen_tcp -- -layout tv
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/startx.log

$ sysctl -a
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/sysctl.txt

$ uname -a
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/uname.txt

- /etc/X11/xorg.conf
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/xorg/2009022100/xorg.conf

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature