Status of devel/boost

Alexander Churanov alexanderchuranov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:32:05 PST 2009

Hi folks!

Just want to synchronize our knowledge on this stuff.

1) The patch to update devel/boost from 1.34 to 1.37 is ready for several
months.

2) I've asked for taking a maintainership over devel/boost.

3) I am currently rebuilding all ports that depend on boost in order to
identify possible issues caused by update.

4) There is a wiki page with more details:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/BoostPortingProject

5) Of course, to goal is to upgrade directly to 1.38 when all issues are
resolved.

6) Another goal is to have all subsequent updates at corresponding dates of
boost releases.

Sincerely,

Alexander Churanov