Sox in 7.1 broken or corrupt?

Lars Eighner portsuser at larseighner.com
Fri Feb 13 15:32:02 PST 2009

It appears to me the audio/sox port is broken.  During configure the screen
breaks up with a bunch of ANSI garbage.  This happens again with the compile
which seems to halt in sox.c with the message EOF in backtick operator.  I
have looked at the source, in which the regrettable practice of using
backtick as an open single quote in comments and messages seems to be
rampant, but I can't spot an unclosed backtick used as an operator.

Is anyone else seeing this?  It appears to have persisted through several
cvsups of the ports tree, so I am beginning to wonder if the source is
corrupt, in spite of the odds being against this as it passes the hash
checks.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html