Call for potential ports maintainers

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 12 12:30:27 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 03:24:21PM -0500, Thomas Abthorpe wrote:

> On February 12, 2009 02:26:46 pm Paul Schmehl wrote:
> > How about providing a list of the ports that need maintainers? ?I already
> > have 15. ?I might take some more, but not until I know what they are.
>
> Thanks for the nudge, Paul!
>
> Instead of a list of ~4700 ports, here are some useful URLs
>
> - From the portsmon cluster
>
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintainer=ports%40FreeBSD.org
>

> - From freshports.org
>
> Unmaintained
> http://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=maintainer&method=exact&query=ports%40FreeBSD.org
>
> Broken
> http://www.freshports.org/ports-broken.php
>
> Deprecated
> http://www.freshports.org/ports-deprecated.php
>
> There are some other great stats at freshports, just do a little clicking
> around there.

Since you brought up stats I thought I would mention:

http://www.freshports.org/graphs2.php

It's something I put together to try to get a better picture of things
that freshports knows about.  If anyone has any ideas for other graphs
they would like to see please mail me about it.  It's quite easy to add
more - just need to come up with some SQL and format the result into a
JSON object.  If there is anything people want to see graphed that may
help make managing the ports tree easier I'd be happy to add them.

The only catch is that you'll need a somewhat modern browser and
javascript turned on.  You also can not save the graphs off as they are
not images.

-- WXS