Lend FreeBSD 7 or 8 access for ports upgrade?

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 9 17:33:04 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:30:45PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 06.02.2009, 11:44 Uhr, schrieb Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de>:
>
> > Contact me off-list with offers (if I don't reply, I'm swamped with
> > offers
> > ;-)).
>
> I have received some offers, thanks a lot to everybody who offered help.
>
> Expect an e2fsprogs update with kind regards from Nippon soonish.

I'll take this opportunity to point out that AFAIK we are still unable
to mount file systems made with newer e2fsprogs releases due to the
inode size change.  This is documented in kern/124621 and has been
discussed on stable@ in the past[1].  As new filesystems are made we
will continue to get hit by this bug more and more.

Thanks for your work on maintaining this port.

-- WXS

[1]:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-December/thread.html#46916