Generating packages without documentation

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 9 15:55:37 PST 2009

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:46:12 +0100
Matias Surdi <matiassurdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I build a package with "make package" for a port, the resulting
> package contains also the docs (which upon installation are located
> in /usr/local/share/doc/[package]
>

> Which is the best way to exclude those files in the generated package?

make clean && make -DNOPORTDOCS package clean

Companions of this are NOPORTEXAMPLES and NOPORTDATA.

You might want to check on
http://qat.tecnik93.com/index.php?action=list_buildports&build=7-STABLE-FPT-NPD
if the the ports you want to build packages for really respect NOPORTDOCS.
Of course, patches for ports that don't conform are welcome (CC me on
the PR and I'll commit them).

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B