Message when updating ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 6 16:33:38 PST 2009

Leslie Jensen wrote:

> I've obviously got a problem with several of my +CONTENTS files.
>
> I've got help from the list to edit some of the files, but I get a
> feeling that I need to replace the /var/db/pkg/* infrastructure. Can it
> be done and how do I go about it?
>
> Otherwise I'd be glad if someone will give me a suggestion on how I
> should solve the problem below?
>
> : Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend/work/glib-2.18.4/g
> io/fam'
> ===>   Registering installation for gio-fam-backend-2.18.4
> ===>  Cleaning for gio-fam-backend-2.18.4
>
> ===>>> Updating package dependency entry for each dependent port
>         ===>>> devel/dbus-glib is listed as a dependency
>         ===>>> but there is no installed version

As Scot told you a while ago, your /var/db/pkg/* files are corrupt. To
fix this exact problem you need to do 'portmaster devel/dbus-glib'
which will rebuild the port and fix all the +CONTENTS files.

You should do this for each port that comes up with this problem. You
might also consider using the --check-depends option.

hope this helps,

Doug