Xorg disaster

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:45:40 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Lars Eighner <portsuser at larseighner.com> wrote:
>> I use the nv driver BTW -- perfectly -- in the old (downgraded to) X.
>
> yes xorg 7.3 seems to work perfectly.  The display would work but the mouse
> wouldn't with 7.4.  I suspect the fix for the hal-moused battle does not
> work nv.

The video driver (nv) shouldn't have any effect on an input driver (mouse).

If you still have xorg 7.4 installed, try running hal-device and check
if your mouse is enabled or ignored.

I had this problem due to an extra configuration file under
/usr/local/share/hal that had disabled hal's ability to manage my
/dev/psm0.

If you can post both the output of hal-device and the Xorg.0.log (from
xorg 7.4), someone should be able to resolve your mouse issue.

Scot