OCILib & Ports

Franco Marchesini franco.marchesini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:05:29 PST 2009

Hello,

I read in documentatione that there is support for instantclient...
Now prepare a virtual machine and I try to compile.

Ciao
Franco

http://orclib.sourceforge.net/doc/html/group__g__install.html

Oracle Instant Client Support

OCILIB supports Oracle Instant Client.

On Microsoft Windows, there is no difference between using a regular
Oracle client and an Instant Client with OCILIB

On Unix-like systems, the Instant Client is divised in different packages.

Public headers and shared libs are not part of the same package.

So, you must provide the following options to the configure command :

    * with-oracle-headers-path : location the public header files
    * with-oracle-lib-path : location the oracle shared lib

If your instant client package containing the shared libs does not
have a symbolic link 'libclntsh.[shared lib extension]' to the fully
qualified shared lib real name, you must create it :

Example on Linux :

    * $ ln -s $ORALIBPATH/libclntsh.so.10.1 $ORALIBPATH/libclntsh.so