trying out xfce 4.6 RC1?

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 5 14:57:50 PST 2009

Rene Ladan schreef:
> 2009/2/4 Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>:
>> Rene Ladan wrote:
>>
>>> I get an error when starting up xfce4. I think the problem is that
>>> /usr/local/libexec/xfconfd is not run correctly.
>> what is the errormessage you are getting?
>>
> I get a message box when starting XFCE4:

> "Unable to load a failsafe session"
>
> "Unable to determine failsafe session name. Possible causes:
> xfconfd isn't running (D-Bus setup problem); environment
> variable $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is set incorrectly (must include "/
> usr/local/etc"), or xfce4-session is installed incorrectly."
>
> There is only one button on the dialog box, "Exit" (with the leave-door
> icon).
>
> dbus and hald are running, I did setenv XDG_CONFIG_DIRS /usr/local/etc
> before running startxfce4.  xfce4-session is installed.  There are messages
> that xfconfd exited with signal 11 in /var/log/messages.

After applying a patch to xfconfd from xfce bugzilla everything works fine,
except that the icons in the taskbar are missing (for Terminal, Mousepad, Thunar,
and $browser).

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC (subkeys.pgp.net)