Question about WRKSRC

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 11:05:23 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-ports at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Florent Thoumie
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:49 AM
To: Schmehl, Paul L
Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Question about WRKSRC

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:
> I maintain the sguil ports; security/sguil-server, security/sguil-sensor
and
> security/sguil-agent.  It came to my attention today that the pkg-install
> script that I've written for the security/sguil-server port fails during
> package building.  (The script works fine when compiling from source.)
>
> The problem appears to be related to the location of WRCSRC, which appears
> to be different than it is when building from source.  Am I correct about
> that?  Is WRCSRC different when building packages?  If so, is there a way
> differentiate programmatically between a port being built from source and
> one being built from a package?

There's no WRKSRC directory when a package is installed.

I've had a look at sguil-server and you have two options. The first
one is to install your sql script somewhere under ${DATADIR} then read
it from there in your pkg-install script. The second, better in my
opinion, is to move most of your POST-INSTALL target into a shell
script of its own that you'll install in ${DATADIR} (note that it
still requires to install that sql file as well). Quick look shows
that your port is interactive, and not marked as such in Makefile. If
you choose to go with solution #1, then you'll have to set
IS_INTERACTIVE=yes (unless I'm wrong of course).

I assume, if I go with option 2, that the script would have to be run
manually by the individual installing the port?  IOW, it wouldn't launch
automagically at the end of the install?

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org