Xorg strange behavior

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:00:45 PST 2009

On 2/4/09, Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 01:45 pm, Glen Barber wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:13 AM, L Campbell <llc2w at virginia.edu>
> wrote:
>> > I experienced the same symptoms after the recent upgrade. I found
>> > that rebuilding x11-servers/xorg-server without HAL fixed the
>> > problem. I think there are a couple of other ways to fix it, but
>> > AFAIK the root of the problem is HAL not playing nicely with
>> > other components (ie, moused).
>>
>> Interestingly, this solution did *not* work for me yesterday.  The
>> only solution was to install the binary xorg-server and
>> xorg-drivers.
>
> Please try hal-0.5.11_17, xf86-input-mouse-1.4.0_3, and
> xorg-server-1.5.3_4,1, which I just committed.  If the problem does
> not go away, please send us /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I have these verions installed.  But when I start
xdm there is no mouse movement.  The keyboard is
working.  When I compare an old Xorg.0.log to the
recently generated log, it shows that hal detected
the keyboard, but no mouse.

I had been using Xorg 7.3 with no xorg.conf file.

/etc/rc.conf has moused_enable set.