[kde-freebsd] Call for Testing KDE 4.2 for FreeBSD

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:58:58 PST 2009

Kris Moore-3 wrote:

> Have any of you guys been able to get KDE 4.2 to work with the latest
> Xorg 7.4 in ports, and the nvidia driver? I'm playing with it here, and
> it always seems to crash X right after KDE finishes logging into my
> desktop. When I switch to "vesa" it works just fine.
>
> Using nvidia 180.25, Xorg 7.4, KDE 4.2, etc.

I managed to install KDE 4.2 with Xorg 7.4 successfully on PC-BSD 7.0.2, I'm
using nvidia-driver-177.80 though.

One problem is that every time I log into KDE, plasma crashes. There seems
to be some configuration problem (from 4.2beta2), because when I delete
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc, it doesn't crash, but looks weird in
other ways. And when I delete the whole ~/.kde4, it works perfectly OK. I
haven't investigated it further yet..

Anyway, at least it's working.

--
Silver