how remove old lib in "portupgrade -fr libxcb"

Greg Byshenk freebsd at byshenk.net
Sun Feb 1 12:39:57 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 09:02:17PM +0100, Sebastien Chassot wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 16:55 -0600, Scot Hetzel wrote:

> > Sounds like several of the libraries that your applications require
> > are still linked to the old libxcb.so.1.
> >
> > Use this to find all libraries that are still depending on libxcb.so.1
> >
> > (for i in /usr/local/lib/lib*.so ; do echo -n "$i:" ; ldd $i | grep
> > "libxcb.so.1" ; echo ; done) | grep libxcb > libxcb.log
> >
> > Then rebuild all ports that contain these libraries.
>
> I did another try "portupgrade -frP libxcb"
>
> and I stop it after few hours. I maybe shouldn't but I did cos
> everything seems still linked to libxcb.so.1 (?) ...
>
> I'm really lost... ;(  nothing work anymore and I don't know what to do.

Just an idea:  your command is 'portupgrade -frP', so what packages are
you installing?  Is it possible that some of your packages are built
against the old libxcb? If that is the case, then reinstalling them
will not change their link to the old version.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL