pkg_debunk

Aleksandar Simic asimic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 16:25:13 UTC 2009

2009/12/31 Julien Laffaye <kimelto at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Aleksandar Simic <asimic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I find that when building some ports, the building of its dependencies
>> tend  to fail from time to time.
>>
>> So I've created pkg_debunk: http://github.com/dotemacs/pkg_debunk
>>
>> It shows you which ports that appear to be installed, aren't or if
>> they are for the most part, which of their content is missing.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Please note: I'm not subscribed to the list, so when replying do include me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Aleksandar
>
> Hi,
>
> What about `pkg_info -a -g` or `pkg_info -g pkgname` ?
>
> Regards,
> Julien

Hello,

running my tool I get these results:

./pkg_debunk.rb
ca_root_nss-3.12.4:
  missing /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem
ruby18-gems-1.3.5:
  missing /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/sources-0.0.2.gem
  missing /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sources-0.0.2/lib/sources.rb
  missing /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/specifications/sources-0.0.2.gemspec

With pkg_info:

pkg_info -g ca_root_nss-3.12.4

does not spot the missing /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem.

Looking at /var/db/pk/ca_root_nss-3.12.4/+CONTENTS for the above
file, I can clearly see that its there in the spec but not on the system:

etc/ssl/cert.pem
@comment MD5:5b5db9a1ce7e4680ba1644ffe5c113b5

It seems that "pkg_info -g" does not catch all the missing files.

Thanks,
Aleksandar