Mailman - group mismatch error

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Dec 29 09:18:24 UTC 2009

> On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:57 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> > The entry in maillog does not say how to tweak postfix!
>
> Be sure to install mailman from ports and set the make options for postfix.
>
>  cd /usr/ports/mail/mailman
>  sudo make config
>
> and choose the postfix option.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -j

Thanks v. much.

Unfortunately there is a configuration mismatch which occurs if the
instructions given by mailman are followed. After creating a list mailman
suggests that aliases are added to /etc/aliases.  If those aliases are copied
as instructed my experience is the group mismatch error reported in this
thread. The aliases are in fact generated when mailmans bin/genaliases command
is run.

Judging from the results of google searches I seem not to be the only one who
has experienced this result after installing mailman from the ports setting
the mail options for postfix.

Thanks for getting back to me.. maybe a warning needs to be added to the
documentation.

David