downgrade xorg to 7.1

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sun Dec 27 17:56:42 UTC 2009

x z ha scritto:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, x z wrote:
>>
>>  I would downgrade xorg from 7.4 to 7.1 for display driver.
>> Why?
>>

> Because I have a Matrox G550 card which has property driver supported up to
> xorg 7.1.

Well, I don't know about G550, but I have a G450, which I'm using with
XOrg 7.4.

I remember I had problems with the latest xf86-video-mga (couldn't
achieve full resolution), but I solved with a single downgrade of this
port to 1.4.
Now it looks like it has been downgraded in the port tree too (unless I
misinterpret http://www.freshports.org/x11-drivers/xf86-video-mga/).
So you might want to try fiddling with this port only.

Only woe is the speed: it looks like my graphics section is a lot slower
since it was back in the XFree times; or, again, it was since the first
XOrg versions... I really never dug into this.

  bye
	av.