Need help with a port

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Dec 17 03:58:23 UTC 2009

I'm the port maintainer for security/barnyard2.  I submitted a port
upgrade a while ago, but the committer asked me to make a change before he
would approve it.  I'm not sure what to do.

The source code, when it's extracted, sets the perms on install-sh to
r--r--r.  This causes an error during the build.  The way I tried to
resolve the issue was by adding this to the Makefile:

+pre-install:
+        ${CHMOD} 744 ${WRKSRC}/install-sh
+

The committer said that was the wrong way to do it, that I should edit the
configure file.  But the configure file doesn't do anything to the
install-sh file at all.

Is there some other way to resolve this problem?  I'd like to get this
update completed and approved.

This is the PR:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/140393

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already