regression: port www/squid fails to build on ia64 head

Thomas-Martin Seck tmseck-lists at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 14 16:54:48 UTC 2009

* Anton Shterenlikht (mexas at bristol.ac.uk):

> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 04:27:12PM -0000, Thomas-Martin Seck wrote:
> > * Johan Hendriks <Johan at double-l.nl>:
> >
> > (Squid breakage in the YP/NIS helper)
> >
> > > A long shot
> > > Could it be that you have set the following in your src.conf
> > > WITHOUT_NIS=    yes
> > > WITHOUT_RCMDS=  yes
> > > WITHOUT_RCS=    yes
> > >
> > > If i set those i get a similar error with squid (on i386 and amd64 )
> >
> > This is possible; the Squid 2.7 port still relies on WITHOUT_NIS/NO_NIS
> > being set in make.conf. Due to the make.conf/src.conf split this does no
> > longer work. I have added an OPTION to turn off NIS support to the squid
> > 3.x ports and will merge this change into the Squid 2.7 port along with
> > other changes soon. In the meantime you can work around this if you
> > build www/squid with "make -DWITHOUT_NIS" or by adding WITHOUT_NIS=yes
> > to /etc/make.conf.
> >
> > The same applies to systems built/installed without Heimdal support.
> > Sorry for the breakage.
>
> yes, I had WITHOUT_NIS=    yes in /etc/src.conf, but not the other
> two options. I have now rebuilt the system without this option,
> but I still get the NIS build error.

The other options are for the port, not for the base system. (Look at
www/squid/Makefile to see how this works.)

If you set WITHOUT_NIS and/or WITHOUT_KERBEROS in src.conf, you
currently need to set these in make.conf, too so the port can pick these
settings up.

> If I build with "make -DWITHOUT_NIS", then I get this error:
>
> Making all in negotiate_auth
> Making all in squid_kerb_auth
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../include    -DHEIMDAL -I./spnegohelp -I.  -O2 -pipe  -fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT -MT squid_kerb_auth.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/squid_kerb_auth.Tpo -c -o squid_kerb_auth.o squid_kerb_auth.c
> squid_kerb_auth.c:70:18: error: krb5.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/squid/work/squid-2.7.STABLE7/helpers/negotiate_auth/squid_kerb_auth.
> *** Error code 1
>
> does it mean I also need to build kerberos? I've WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes
> in /etc/src.conf

No, you just need to disable Kerberos support in Squid, because it's on
by default. Rebuild the port using "make clean ; make -DNO_KERBEROS" or
put WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes or NO_KERBEROS=yes into /etc/make.conf before
rebuilding the port. But do a "make clean" first so Squid's configure
script does actually exclude these helpers from the build.