tetex and texlive port

Baptiste Daroussin baptiste.daroussin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:53:40 UTC 2009

2009/12/12 Frank Staals <frank at fstaals.net>:
> Anh Ky Huynh wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I often use TeXLive instead of teTeX which isn't been developed anymore.
>> After I remove teTeX from system, I encounter some problems when
>> building/upgrading ports. For example, _evince_, _lyx_ couldn't be built
>> without teTeX. (In fact, evince and lyx can be used with TeXLive.)
>>

> I have been running TexLive with FreeBSD for quite some time now, I used the
> ports from http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ and I did not encounter
> problems building/installing Evince, and I only have texlive ports
> installed.

I second this, I use the texlive ports from this url for a while now
on both i386 and amd64. Romain has done (and still does :) ) a really
great job in texlive porting, I really don't understand why is it not
merged in the ports tree yet.

I use portshaker to merge the texlive tree with freebsd's ports tree
it works like a charm.

Thanks Romain for this job, hope to see it integrated soon.

regards,
Bapt