portmaster-with-package-support release candidate available for testing

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 5 20:29:42 UTC 2009

Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:53:52 +0100, Christer Solskogen wrote:
>

>> Err... Delete that. setenv PACKAGESITE /usr/ports/packages is the
>> correct one. IMHO PACKAGESITE should be set to that by default.
>
> I also see that I need to run 'portmaster --check-depends' manually after
> doing a 'portmaster -a -PP'

I did some testing on this last night and I found one scenario where
this might be necessary, if the pkgdep entries in the downloaded
package don't match the versions that are already installed on the
system. I just added code to r200159 to deal with this issue, thanks
for the reminder!

Otherwise, in terms of updating entries for ports that depend on the
new package that should have been done all along. The code that
handles that issue operates on what's in /var/db/pkg and doesn't care
where the entries come from (building the port or installing the
package).

If you see any more problems that require --check-depends to fix them
please let me know as that would indicate a bug at this point.

Thanks again,

Doug