sshd on FBSD 8.0-RC2/3

Dmitry Pryanishnikov lynx.ripe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:48:15 UTC 2009

Hello!

>   While unfortunate, I understand why.  I think FreeBSD should encourage
>   people who use OpenSSL for anything (ssh, etc) that they install OpenSSL
>   via ports, set WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=YES and recompile apps/ports that use it.

   I agree, it's much simpler (IMHO) to upgrade OpenSSL installed from port
than to patch one in base. Just be aware that bugs can be met with on this
path - just like ports/138466 (affects www/apache22 built
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes). It is critical to make sure that right runtime
libraries (those from /usr/local/lib, not from the base) are used by _every_
application built WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=YES - and it's not always true ;(

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
nic-hdl: LYNX-RIPE