The new cups ports seem to not recognize or I don't know how to configure usb printers.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Dec 2 14:43:11 UTC 2009

I haven't had a problem like this with cups in years. I updated cups
yesterday and can no longer print, install, reinstall usb printers. In
admin/add a printer I have no local options only:

Other Network Printers: 	Internet Printing Protocol (http)
                                 Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
                                 LPD/LPR Host or Printer
                                 AppSocket/HP JetDirect

No input for discription, location, etc.  The usb printers are
recognized when connected or disconnected by the kernel.

I am seeing this on both up to date current and 7.2 Stable.  I am
going through the documentation hoping to find the problem.  If not,
what is the best way to go back to the previous port?

Thanks,

ed