Dovecot Sieve port switched from CMU Sieve to Dovecot

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 28 18:31:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 01:06:23PM -0400, Yarema wrote:
> Wesley Shields wrote:

> >> Yes, I made a note regarding this in the PR to update mail/dovecot-sieve:
> >>
> >> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=137935
> >>
> >> Also, Wesley added a note to UPDATING when he committed the update to
> >> dovecot-1.2.3 on 20090815.  Maybe we need another note specific to the
> >> dovecot-sieve port and a link to its own docs:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve
> >>

> > I'm now back from traveling for $JOB so if someone wants to provide me
> > with text for UPDATING I will be happy to commit it.
> >
> > -- WXS
>
> Wesley,
>
> Something along the lines of the note you used for the dovecot port:
>
> AFFECTS: users of mail/dovecot and mail/dovecot-sieve
>
> dovecot-sieve has been updated to a new implementation compatible with
>   dovecot 1.2.x.  For details of what this means please see:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve

I've just committed this text. My apologies on not getting it in with
the PR but it was unclear to me (as I don't use the sieve port) that
this was necessary.

In the future, please point these things out very clearly in the PR. If
you did that and I missed it then I apologize - maybe I should get new
glasses? :)

> P.S. Wesley, many thanks for always grabbing the dovecot* PRs and
> getting them in.

Your welcome! Thank you for your continued hard work on these ports.

-- WXS