Error when build mod_jk with apache 2.2 under FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE 64bit?!

James Chang james.technew at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:32:02 UTC 2009

Hi there,

     I try to buind mod_jk with apache 2.2 (also build from port
tree but with worker mode)
from porttree of FreeBSD but I it show me the following error messages:
/usr/local/lib: file not recognized: File format not recognized
gmake[1]: *** [mod_jk.la] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/www/mod_jk/work/tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src/native/apache-2.0'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_jk.

    In Tomcat web site, the FAQ says mod_jk could support apache 2.2

Could someone give me a hand ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

                                     James Chang